A new year means new products hitting the shelf. And there is not an exception at the liquor store. Browsing through my local Wine & Spirits (and its wonderful magazine), here are some of the new launches that I can’t wait to get my lips on.
· I mentioned before that Cupcake was moving into a new category – Vodka. Its new line features flavors like Chiffon, Frosting, Original and Devil’s Food. Yum!
· Pinnacle is also expanding its flavored Vodkas with Cake, Gummy (red fish), Tropical Punch and Marshmallow (and did you know Pinnacle is the #1 Imported Vodka in PA? – REALLY??)
· Moonshine is becoming modern. Companies mass producing this Applichia fav include Junior Johnson’s Midnight Moon Cranberry and Catdaddy Carolina Moonshine.
· The Winter 2012 Fine Wine & Good Spirits TASTE magazine (free in our local PA Liquor Stores) had some great recipes for dessert cocktails, including:
Birthday Cake Martin (from Edward Jones, Darmicia Food and Tonics, Philadelphia)i
· 2 oz cake-flavored vodka
· Slash of Godivia White Chocolate or original
· Splash of cream
· Whipped cream for garnish
Shake all ingredients together over ice and strain into a martini glass
Red Velvet Cake Martini (from Pinnacle Vodka)
· 2 oz Pinnacle Cake
· 1 oz. chocolate liqueur
· Splash of grenadine
Combine ingredients in a shaker with ice.
Shake and strain into a martini glass.
Orange Dreamsicle (From Pinnacle Vodka)
· 2 oz Pinnacle Whipped
· 2 oz orange juice
· Splash lemon-lime soda
· Orange wheel and / or cherry garnish
Combine vodka and orange juice in a glass filled with ice. Top with soda and garnish with orange and/or cherry
Editor’s Note: Because you are using a fizzy soda in here, that’s why you don’t shake it in a martini glass